Sorry, this feed is currently unavailable or does not exists anymore.
- St. Elizabeth of SchonauPosted on January 1, 1970 at 12:00 amSt. Elizabeth was a Benedictine visionary, who had the gift of prophecy. She also suffered the assaults of demonic forces.Elizabeth was born in Bonn, Germany, in 1126. She was raised and educated in a Benedictine monastery near her birthplace from the age of 12. Elizabeth came to see the monastery as home, and she took vows in 1147.With the help of her brother Egbert, a monk and abbot, she wrote three volumes describing her visions.She served as the abbess at Schonau from 1157 until her death in 1164.St. Elizabeth was never formally canonized but was added to the list of saints due to great popular devotion. […]
- St. Frederick: Saint of the Day for Monday, July 18, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 18, 2016 at 12:00 amSt. Frederick, Bishop of Utrecht, Martyr Frederick was trained in piety and sacred learning among the clergy of the Church of Utrecht. Being ordained … […]
- Carmelite Nuns of Compiegne: Saint of the Day for Sunday, July 17, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 17, 2016 at 12:00 amSixteen Carmelites caught up in the French Revolution and martyred. When the revolution started in 1789, a group of twenty-one discalced Carmelites … […]
- St. Carmen: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 16, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 16, 2016 at 12:00 amAccording to my resources, the name Carmen is a derivation of Carmel which is one of the titles given to Our Blessed Mother, namely, Our Lady of … […]
- St. Bonaventure: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 15, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 15, 2016 at 12:00 amSt. Bonaventure, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (Feast day-July 15) St. Bonaventure, known as “the seraphic doctor,” was born at … […]
- St. Kateri Tekakwitha: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 14, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 14, 2016 at 12:00 amSt. Kateri Tekakwitha is the first Native American to be recognized as a saint by the Catholic Church. She was born in 1656, in the Mohawk village of … […]
- St. Henry: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 13, 2016Posted by Catholic Online on July 13, 2016 at 12:00 amSt. Henry, son of Henry, Duke of Bavaria, and of Gisella, daughter of Conrad, King of Burgundy, was born in 972. He received an excellent education … […]